Found this Inc. Magazine article ‘8 things you should not do every day’ that is a good reminder for all of us. I know lots of people who really should turn off their email/text notifications.
- Check my phone while I’m talking to someone. People notice. They really do.
- Multitask during a meeting. Don’t do it, you might find that you are the only one.
- Think about people who don’t make any difference in my life. Just think about the ones that do.
- Use multiple notifications. You don’t need to know the instant you get an email. Or a text. Or a tweet. Change your settings.
- Let the past dictate the future. Learn from your mistakes, then move on.
- Wait until I’m sure I will succeed. Stop waiting, just jump in.
- Talk behind someone’s back. Spend your time on productive discussions.
- Say “yes” when I really mean “no.” We’ve all done it – said “yes” when we really wanted to say “no”. Pull off the bandaid in one swoop, and get the pain over with by just saying “no” in the first place. It will be easier in the long run.
Sometimes focusing on the little things brings us the big results we really want — Much adieu, K.